We encourage everyone to engage in honest discussion, and we reserve the right to delete erroneous comments or contributions that are not in keeping with these terms.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we reserve the right to delete any comment or content that:
- is contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms;
- expresses racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting or life-threatening messages;
- puts forward serious, unproven or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations;
- is aggressive, coarse, violent, obscene or pornographic;
- is offensive, rude or abusive to an individual or organization;
- is not sent by the author or is put forward for advertising purposes;
- encourages illegal activity;
- contains announcements from labour or political organizations;
- is written in a language other than English or French;
- is unintelligible or irrelevant;
- is repetitive or spam;
- does not add to the normal flow of a discussion;
- and/or is otherwise deemed unacceptable by CDIC.
Any comment containing information deemed of a personal nature will also be deleted without notice.
We reserve the right to ban users having posted more than three comments in violation of the above rules.
Comments posted by users are their own personal views and in no way reflect the opinion of CDIC, its employees, representatives or business partners.
CDIC’s social media channels are monitored Monday to Friday during regular business hours. Messages, questions and comments received outside of these hours will be answered the following business day.
For questions that may involve you sharing your personal or financial information with us, we ask you to contact our Call Centre at 1-800-461-2342. Other inquiries may be sent to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.