As the head of our executive team, the President and CEO leads CDIC and is responsible for overseeing the effective functioning of the corporation’s business and affairs. The President and CEO ensures that in fulfilling the corporation’s objectives, employees act in a manner consistent with board policies and directions.
- Peter Routledge, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Chantal Richer, Chief Operating Officer
- Michael Mercer, Chief Data & Insurance Officer
- Gina Byrne, Chief Member Risk & Resolution
- Angela Roberge, Head, People & Culture
- Tara Newman, Head Corporate Strategy, Risk Management, Chief Risk Officer
- Christa Walker, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary & Chief Legal Officer
- Camille Ringrose, Head, Finance, Operations & Chief Financial Officer
President and Chief Executive Officer
Peter Routledge was appointed President and Chief Executive Officer of Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) in November 2018. Mr. Routledge leads CDIC’s team of more than 140 professionals from a variety of disciplines whose work supports the corporation’s vision to earn the trust of Canadians as a global leader in deposit insurance and resolution.
Mr. Routledge has extensive experience in Canada’s financial sector. Prior to joining CDIC, he was a Senior Advisor at the Department of Finance where he provided advice on a range of policy issues including financial stability, housing finance, and competition in Canadian financial services.
Mr. Routledge has held a variety of leadership roles in the financial services industry, both in Canada and abroad. He served as managing director of research at National Bank Financial, where he led a team responsible for producing equity, fixed income, and derivatives research on Canadian financial institutions. Prior to that, Mr. Routledge led the Canadian Financial Institutions Group at Moody’s Canada, with responsibilities for covering issuers in the banking, life insurance, personal and commercial insurance and reinsurance industries in Canada and the United States.
Mr. Routledge holds an MBA from INSEAD in France, and a bachelor’s degree in business and economics from Simon Fraser University.