You’ve worked hard to save for your retirement. It’s a fact that Canadians are now living longer than ever, and that retirement can last just as long as your work life. Many retirees convert their assets into a stream of income, and they want to be sure their money is protected.
Furthermore, Canadians need to plan for the financial implications of life events that occur as we age. Illnesses, family emergencies and financial scams are just some of the unexpected interruptions we may face in retirement. But one thing that you can always count on is CDIC deposit protection.
Enjoy your retirement knowing that CDIC protects eligible deposits in RRIFs the same way as RRSPs. And you will still have protection of eligible TFSAs and day‑to‑day personal deposits, like those in chequing accounts, savings accounts or GICs.
Have a look through the following online resources to help.
- 5 easy ways to check if your money is safe
- Deposit protection at every life stage
- Making it safe for Canadians to save
- Boomers need to consider savings protection
- Liquidating home equity by downsizing?
- Money We Have lists 6 things Canadians should know about CDIC deposit insurance.
- Estimate your coverage
- See if your financial institution is a member
- Awareness of CDIC by demographic and province
- Protecting Your Deposits – CDIC brochure (PDF, 323 KB)
- Follow CDIC on social media
- Look for us in your bank branch