At CDIC, we know Canadians have many different financial needs, questions and concerns at each stage of their lives. No matter what your financial goals, CDIC is here to make sure your deposits are as protected with us as much as possible per member institution in each insurable category, in the event a member institution fails. This protection is free and automatic, you don’t need to sign up. But you should take the time to learn how it works, because not all deposits at member financial institutions are protected, and there are limits on deposits that are covered per category for each depositor. To help you find the information you need, we’ve compiled a collection of short articles on a variety of topics.
- Deposit protection at every life stage
- Making it safe for Canadians to save
- Can Canadian banks fail?
- Bank failures in Canada: a history
- 4 Easy ways to check if your money is safe
- Do you know if your money is safe?
- Boomers need to consider savings protection
- Liquidating home equity by downsizing?
- CDIC reminds Canadians to check their RRSP balance