The Data and System Requirements By-law (DSRB) requires members to implement a method of identifying, capturing, organizing, and producing deposit liability data. The objective is to ensure that in the event of failure, the member institution has certain data readily available and organized properly to allow CDIC to undertake a resolution.
Data and System Requirements By-law
Data and System Requirements
- Data and System Requirements – Version 2.0 (effective up to April 29, 2022) (PDF, 1.19 MB)
- Data and System Requirements – Version 3.1 (effective from April 30, 2022) (PDF, 1 MB) Last updated: March 25, 2021
Certification and Testing Approach
As part of the compliance testing approach for 2021, CDIC members are required to submit DSRB compliance attestations together with the 2021 RID filing (on or before July 15, 2021) confirming that the member institution complies in all material respects with the DSRB as at the date of RID submission. For 2021 CDIC will not request members to submit a deposit data extract for annual compliance testing purposes. However, CDIC may at any time request a member institution to submit a deposit data extract to undertake detailed data quality review or preparedness assessment work. If a member is asked to submit a data extract for such purpose, CDIC will work with the member on timing and scope, and will seek to accommodate any operational challenges imposed by COVID-19 related restrictions or otherwise. Last updated: April 8, 2021
To request a copy of the SFTP User Guide please send an email to email@example.com.
Questions and Answers
Member institutions are advised that:
- CDIC may post all member institution questions (written or oral) regarding the Data and System Requirements By-law and Data and System Requirements document (the “By-law”) and CDIC’s responses on its website. Members that submit questions in writing will also receive a written reply from CDIC;
- prior to posting any questions and responses, CDIC will remove the member institution’s name, names and titles of any individuals submitting the question or referenced in the question, and any member institution locations and specific product names;
- member institutions are responsible for ensuring that the questions they submit do not contain any confidential information that they do not want made public (other than the information referred to above that CDIC will remove prior to publication);
- member institutions should periodically check the CDIC website for updates to the Question and Answer Section; and,
- All questions and responses will be posted in both official languages.
Please note that:
- The responses to the questions below have been prepared for informational purposes only and do not constitute specific advice that may be applicable to your particular situation.
- All responses should be read in conjunction with the By-law. If there is any inconsistency between the responses below and the By-law, the terms of the By-law prevail.
- CDIC reserves the right to update the responses posted below from time to time.
- The responses to the questions below are not intended to be nor do they constitute legal advice. CDIC does not issue rulings on the interpretation or application of the CDIC Act or its by-laws.
Questions and Answers relating to the Data and System Requirements (PDF, 1.29 MB) – as at January 30, 2014