Your success is important to us
We know you might have some questions about starting to work at CDIC, so we have some answers.
- CDIC maintains a work environment free from discrimination, one where employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are committed to employment equity and working with the best people from the broadest talent pool.
- Please let our team know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment, assessment and hiring process.
- Due to Canadian immigration regulations, we can only consider applications from individuals legally entitled to work in Canada and eligible to obtain the necessary security clearances. Please indicate in your application the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
- There may be specific language requirements and security clearance levels for positions so please review the specific job opportunities and indicate your status in your application.
- CDIC is a federal agency (separate employer) and does not fall under the Public Service Employment Act and therefore has its own recruitment process.
We know that it requires time and effort to find meaningful work and we genuinely appreciate your interest in CDIC. We also put a lot of time and effort into who we hire because we believe the best part of CDIC is its people. Accountability and transparency are important to us so here is what you can expect from us.
- Initial Connection
As part of the qualifying process, you may have an initial pre-screen call with one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists. This is an excellent opportunity for us to get to know each other better. We will ask you about yourself and your interest in CDIC and you can learn more about our exciting opportunity and team.
There may be a test or assessment depending on the position. Bilingual positions require testing in one or both official languages. Assessments could be skills tests, writing, presentations or case studies. Don’t worry, we will let you know in advance.
- Our Conversation
We understand that it goes both ways. Our recruitment process is two-sided, and we want candidates to interview us as much as we are interviewing them, so ask away!
- “Coffee Chat”
You may be invited to a “coffee chat”. This will give you a more personal way to connect and build rapport with some of your potential future team members.
- Selection and Follow up
Choosing the successful candidate is a decision that is never made lightly and that is why several people and perspectives are involved in the decision to hire. The hiring team will take the time to meet and discuss each candidate and will come back to you with a final decision.
- Offer and Onboarding
Congratulations, if you make it to this stage, we are eagerly anticipating you joining our team! You’ll hear from People and Culture and your new manager before you start and receive information about onboarding and orientation.
- Come prepared to share your experiences and what you have done so far during your life journey. Just be your authentic self!
- Hopefully, you’re as passionate as us about CDIC’s purpose so make sure you know a little about what we do by browsing our website.
- Know the job opportunity well and come prepared to discuss how you can have an immediate impact.
- There will be some questions that are behavioral, technical and situational so be prepared to provide specific examples from your experiences or apply your best logic. Don’t sweat it, you got this!
- We look for people who take pride in their work and will contribute to our safe and inclusive environment. We want you to feel comfortable being bold, creative and learning from your mistakes. Is that you?
- We live by our promises of serving Canadians, working as one, being accountable, and anticipating and responding. Can you live these promises? How?
- Create a quiet and comfortable space, and get familiar with being interviewed via video conference.
- Be curious - this is a two-way conversation.
- Have fun!
CDIC is committed to achieving a high standard of accessibility to individuals with disabilities. CDIC recognizes the importance of providing a website as accessible as possible to all users. In the event of difficulty using our web pages, applications or device-based mobile applications, please contact us for assistance.