- there is a valid trust (established with or without formal documentation) as determined under the laws of the province or territory in which the trust is established;
- the following information appears on the records of the CDIC member institution prior to the failure:
- trustee names and addresses;
- the fact that the eligible deposits are held by the depositor in trust for a beneficiary.
For fast reimbursement by CDIC, trustees should also provide their CDIC member institution with:
- the full name and address of each beneficiary (some trustees are eligible to provide alpha-numeric identifiers in lieu of beneficiary names and addresses);
- the portion of the trust belonging to each beneficiary (expressed as a percentage or dollar amount);
- any changes to the information as of April 30th in each year