Talent Acquisition Coordinator (12-month term)
Competition #: 1280
Language Requirements: CBC
Closing date: June 9, 2020
Our vision is to earn the trust of Canadians as a global leader in deposit insurance and resolution. At CDIC, we offer you the unique opportunity to provide financial peace of mind to Canadians in a stimulating, diverse and inclusive work environment. Let’s work together to build trusted relationships and to deliver quality service to all Canadians.
The Talent Acquisition Coordinator (“Coordinator”) will support various aspects of the recruitment process, which include job posting, sourcing, candidate evaluation, interviews, and candidate selection. The Coordinator will also be responsible for the arranging of interviews and will assist with scheduling and coordination of onboarding of new employees. The Coordinator will perform administrative tasks as they relate to talent acquisition.
- Support full cycle recruitment processes from student to director level positions;
- Prepare recruitment materials and manage internal and external postings using LinkedIn, company website and relevant job boards, association websites, etc.;
- Source candidates by using LinkedIn Recruiter, social media etc.;
- Screen candidate resumes and conduct pre-screen interviews;
- Assist with interview question drafting;
- Administer candidate testing and participate in interviews and participate in candidate evaluation;
- Participate in coordination of new employee onboarding and orientation; and
- Maintain recruitment tracking documents and recruitment statistics.
Qualifications and Experience
- Successful completion of a college diploma/university degree in Human Resources or a combination of experience and education;
- At least 3 years’ experience in human resources with a focus on recruitment. Experience in a recruitment agency is considered an asset;
- Excellent communication skills in both official languages; and
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and in-depth knowledge of data mining and internet research.
- Strong experience with candidate sourcing using LinkedIn Recruiter and other methods;
- Extensive experience evaluating candidates and interviewing skills;
- Strong planning, organization, priority setting and project management skills to manage multiple projects with competing priorities;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to change; and
- Professionalism and exceptional interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a team and establish and manage productive internal and external relationships at all levels of the organization.
Conditions of Employment/Security Clearance:
Level II, Secret
- One term position is currently available.
- Due to Canadian immigration regulations, we can only consider applications from Canadian citizens or other individuals legally entitled to work in Canada and obtain necessary security clearances. Please indicate in your cover letter the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
- CDIC is a federal agency (separate employer) and does not fall under the Public Service Employment Act.
- CDIC is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process, please advise us. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team that contributes to the stability of Canada’s financial system and meet the required qualifications we invite you to forward your résumé and covering letter describing how you could contribute to our organization at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote competition #1280.
- We would like to thank all candidates who apply however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.