Summer Student, People and Culture
Competition #: 1261 – HR
Language Requirements: Bilingual BBB an asset
Closing date: April 7, 2020
Would you like to join a dynamic group of professionals that contributes to the stability of Canada’s financial system? Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) has an exciting opportunity for a summer student to join our People and Culture team.
CDIC insures Canadians’ deposits held at Canadian financial institutions that are CDIC members against the failure of such financial institutions. Interested in gaining valuable work in the field of human resources and starting your rewarding career? Join CIDC’s People & Culture team.
The successful candidate will assist the People & Culture department in various matters including:
- Assist with the implementation of activities supporting CDIC’s culture plan; including conducting research, coordination and planning of events
- Provide assistance with research on various HR related initiatives (health and wellness, employee development, diversity and inclusion)
- Creation of support materials for learning and development programs
- Assist with the writing of various communications related to People Programs and Culture
- Support with key Performance Management Processes
- Provide other support to the People & Culture team as required
Qualifications and Experience
The Summer HR Student position is open to third or fourth year students enrolled in an Human Resources Management program.
- Communication (Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential).
- Sound judgement, excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to work independently as well as within a team setting.
- High level of interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy and professionalism) Ability to actively and consistently represent CDIC’s promises and commitments.
Conditions of Employment/Security Clearance
Level 1, Reliability
The position will be 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, from May 4, 2020 through September 4, 2020 with a possibility of extension.
- Due to Canadian immigration regulations, we can only consider applications from Canadian citizens or other individuals legally entitled to work in Canada and obtain necessary security clearances. Please indicate in your cover letter the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
- CDIC is a federal agency (separate employer) and does not fall under the Public Service Employment Act.
- CDIC is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process please advise us. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- If you meet the required qualifications we invite you to forward your résumé, copy of school transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable) and covering letter describing how you could contribute to CDIC at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote competition #1261 – HR.
- We would like to thank all candidates who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.