Summer Student, Depositor Solutions – DIR Implementation
Competition: # 1261 – DIR Implementation
Language Requirements: English Essential
Closing date: April 7, 2020
Would you like to join a dynamic group of professionals that contributes to the stability of Canada’s financial system? Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) has an opportunity for one Summer Student within the Depositor Solutions – Deposit Insurance Review (DIR) implementation team.
CDIC insures eligible deposits held at Canadian financial institutions that are CDIC members against the failure of such financial institutions. As a summer student with CDIC Depositor Solutions – DIR Implementation team, you will have the opportunity to develop practical skills and to make a significant contribution to CDIC and the projects you work on.
The summer student will assist the DIR Implementation team in various matters that may include the following:
- Conduct research and analysis related to the brokered deposit market, including on key players and processes that drive this part of the deposit market in Canada;
- Support engagement with brokered deposit industry stakeholders and the work of the Brokered Deposit Advisory Group (BDAG);
- Help advance projects led by the DIR Implementation team, including project related to broker compliance and engaging with professional trustees (i.e. law firms; insolvency trustees, public trustees, etc.); and
- Provide administrative support as required.
Qualifications and Experience
We would like to hear from students in any of the following fields of study:
- Economics (completion of 1 year minimum)
- Law (completion of 1 year minimum)
- Public Administration (completion of 1 year minimum)
- Business Administration (completion of 1 year minimum)
- Applied Mathematics (completion of 2 years minimum)
- Statistics (completion of 2 years minimum)
- Finance (completion of 1 year minimum)
- Communication (Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential)
- Working with others (Collaborating and relationship management)
- Initiative/Innovative Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
Conditions of Employment/Security Clearance
Level 1, Reliability
The position will be 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, from May 4 through September 4, 2020.
- Due to Canadian immigration regulations, we can only consider applications from Canadian citizens or other individuals legally entitled to work in Canada and obtain necessary security clearances. Please indicate in your cover letter the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
- CDIC is a federal agency (separate employer) and does not fall under the Public Service Employment Act.
- CDIC is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process please advise us. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- If you meet the required qualifications we invite you to forward your résumé, copy of school transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable) and covering letter describing how you could contribute to CDIC at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote competition #1261 – DIR Implementation.
- We would like to thank all candidates who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.