Summer Student, Cyber Security
Competition #: 1261 – Cyber
Language Requirements: English
Closing date: March 13, 2020
CDIC has a Summer Student position. Would you like to join a dynamic group of professionals that contributes to the stability of Canada’s financial system? If you‘re a team player and an innovative thinker that is energized by solving problems with knowledge in any of the following areas, apply today!
- 1st Level support for Corporate Applications
- Cyber Security 1st Level support
- Installation and configuration of corporate applications and Security tools
- Documentation for security policies, processes and procedures.
- Project reporting
- Using and applying his / her skills to assist the Cyber Security and Corporate Applications Team by in providing 1st level support.
Specific projects and tasks will include: installing security applications/agents on systems and mobile devices; Assisting in troubleshooting corporate applications issues; documenting and updating security policies, processes and procedures; assisting in identifying and mapping the security gaps; taking meeting minutes and coordinating information between team members; reporting on projects advancement and progress; cleaning up user accounts and unused licenses on security systems and corporate applications.
Qualifications and Experience
- Working towards or completed a degree, diploma, or certificate in Computer Science or a similar program from a recognized university, college, CEGEP, or training provider.
- Understanding computer systems/applications and preferably cyber security concepts and principles through education, or experience, or a combination of both.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and other computer-based productivity tools.
- Ability to think analytically and complete complex tasks with minimal supervision.
- Communication (English with excellent speaking, writing, and comprehension skills.)
- Working with others (collaborating and relationship management)
- Initiative/innovative thinking
- Planning and organizing
- Customer service
- Highly motivated
Conditions of Employment/Security Clearance
Level 1, Reliability
The position will be 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, from April 29, 2020 through August 30, 2020.
- Due to Canadian immigration regulations, we can only consider applications from Canadian citizens or other individuals legally entitled to work in Canada and obtain necessary security clearances. Please indicate in your cover letter the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
- CDIC is a federal agency (separate employer) and does not fall under the Public Service Employment Act.
- CDIC is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process please advise us. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team that contributes to the stability of Canada’s financial system and meet the required qualifications we invite you to forward your résumé and covering letter describing how you could contribute to our organization at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote competition #1261 – Cyber.
- We would like to thank all candidates who apply however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.