Summer Student, Corporate Strategy and Risk
Competition #: 1261 – CSR
Language Requirements: English Essential
Closing date: April 10, 2020
Would you like to join a dynamic group of professionals that contributes to the stability of Canada’s financial system? Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) has an opportunity for a Summer Student within our Corporate Strategy and Risk group.
CDIC is Canada’s resolution authority for banks and insures eligible deposits held at Canadian financial institutions that are CDIC members against the failure of such financial institutions. As summer student with CDIC’s Corporate Strategy and Risk team, you will have the opportunity to develop practical skills and to make a significant contribution to CDIC and the projects you work on.
The summer student will assist the team in various matters that may include the following:
- Conduct research, analysis to support the Corporate Strategy and Risk operational processes related to CDIC’s overall operations and mandate.
- Support the CDIC Simulation Centre of Excellence in developing and delivering its activities to advance resolution readiness (simulations, tabletops, reviews).
- Develop and support team documentation for corporate reporting, risk management and enterprise program management processes.
- Help advance projects led by the team.
- Provide administrative support.
Qualifications and Experience
We would like to hear from students, with a minimum of 3 years of completed studies, in any of the following fields of study:
- Public Administration
- Business Administration
- Communication (Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential)
- Working with others (Collaborating and relationship management)
- Initiative/Innovative Thinking
- Planning and organizing
Conditions of Employment / Security Clearance
Level 1, Reliability
The position will be 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, from May 4, 2020 through September 4, 2020, with the potential to commence employment earlier.
- Due to Canadian immigration regulations, we can only consider applications from Canadian citizens or other individuals legally entitled to work in Canada and obtain necessary security clearances. Please indicate in your cover letter the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
- CDIC is a federal agency (separate employer) and does not fall under the Public Service Employment Act.
- CDIC is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process please advise us. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- If you meet the required qualifications we invite you to forward your résumé, copy of school transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable) and covering letter describing how you could contribute to CDIC at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote competition #1261 – CSR.
- We would like to thank all candidates who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted