Senior Talent & Development (E-Learning) Specialist
Competition #: 1251
Language requirements: Bilingual CBC
Closing date: December 13, 2019
We are seeking to fill the position of Senior Talent & Development (E-Learning) Specialist reporting to the Director, Talent & Development. If you have 5 or more years of experience and knowledge in the field, apply today to join the team!
As a subject matter specialist, the Senior Talent & Development (E-Learning) Specialist advances the eLearning needs of CDIC including, but not limited to, maintenance and updates of learning modules that supports the Corporation’s required regulatory-related learning as well as plans and facilitates engaging learning events, that align to the diverse needs of CDIC to increase levels of effectiveness and engagement. The position is responsible and accountable for partnering with the Director to design and develop eLearning courses and content to support the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation’s (CDIC) culture transformation.
- Partner with the Director to design and develop eLearning courses and content to support CDIC’s culture transformation
- Advance the eLearning needs of CDIC including, but not limited to, maintenance and updates of learning modules that supports CDIC’s required regulatory-related learning.
- Plan and facilitate engaging learning events, that align to the diverse needs of CDIC and result in increased levels of effectiveness and engagement
- Provide input and feedback during all phases of the learning design and development process; proposes solution to improve/enhance eLearning programs based on insights and analysis.
- Actively contribute to the research, development and introduction of new learning software and tools.
- Monitor eLearning and program effectiveness, providing end-user support, troubleshooting as required.
- Source and research potential facilitators, presenters and subject matter experts to contribute to CDIC’s learning activities.
- Develop and maintain CDIC’s annual learning and learning events calendar.
- Lead the eLearning program registration and administration.
- Support various human resources programs, services (official language, diversity & inclusion, multiculturalism, etc.) and policies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 5 or more years of experience as an HR Professional
- 3 or more years working with eLearning platforms and instructional best practices
- Knowledge of industry eLearning platforms and instructional best practices and standards
- Knowledge of learner / user experience development practices, learning theories and practices.
- Resourcefulness to identify plans of action that will address relevant issues in any given situation and in dealing with special projects and unique situations
- CHRP/L designation an asset
- Experience with SharePoint is an asset.
- Excellent communicator – written and oral
- Working with others (team work and collaboration)
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, research and analytical skills to problem solve and quickly adapt to changes
- Initiative / innovative thinking
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to learn new technologies.
Conditions of Employment/Security Clearance
Level II, Secret
- One permanent position is currently available.
- Due to Canadian immigration regulations, we can only consider applications from Canadian citizens or other individuals legally entitled to work in Canada and obtain necessary security clearances. Please indicate in your cover letter the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
- CDIC is a federal agency (separate employer) and does not fall under the
Public Service Employment Act.
- CDIC is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process, please advise us. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- CDIC offers a collegial work environment with highly skilled people, competitive compensation as well as interesting, innovative work. We invite you to forward your résumé and covering letter describing how you could contribute to our organization at email@example.com. Please quote competition #1251.
- We would like to thank all candidates who apply. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.