Senior Solutions Architect
Competition #: 1253
Language Requirements: English Essential
Closing date: February 14, 2020
Would you like to join a dynamic group of professionals that contributes to the stability of Canada’s financial system? If you’re a team player and an innovative thinker that is energized by solving problems with experience and knowledge in any of the following areas, apply today!
The Senior Solutions Architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading and supporting solution architecture and managing a portfolio of solutions, such as applications technologies, processes and data, infrastructure services and shared application services. The role is responsible for the overall design of the enterprise-wide data strategy and architecture.
- Responsible for analyzing business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), determining corresponding enterprise system designs and changing requirements to drive the organization’s targeted business outcomes;
- Leads projects of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments;
- Leads the data and analytics strategy for the organization;
- Designs and directs the governance activities associated with organization’s solutions modernization projects;
- Takes authority, responsibility and accountability for exploiting the value of enterprise data assets, and of the analytics used to render insights for decision making;
- Plans and oversees implementation of data infrastructures, including operational data stores, and data warehouses;
- Leads the development of data products including dashboards and visualizations, ETL, database and API design;
- Manages and develops architectures for a broad scope of the organization’s mission critical projects, working closely with internal and external solution designers;
- Monitors the current-state solution portfolio to identify, address and oversee the correction of deficiencies through aging of the technology and application space, or misalignment with business objectives;
- Monitors industry trends, identifying and evaluating emerging data technologies, services, standards and strategies and determines their adoption at CDIC;
- Establishes policies and procedures for sound data governance;
- Understands, advocates and augments the principles of information technology strategies;
- Develops and maintains a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio;
- Oversees the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations;
- Implements data privacy policies to comply with CDIC’s data protection regulations; and
- Effectively communicates the status, value, and importance of data collection to executive members and staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or engineering or related field with 7 to 10 years of experience in multiple IT areas and at least 3 years of relevant architecture and project management experience;
- Five or more years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs composed of internal and external roles, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts;
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt;
- Experience architecting solutions and managing the life-cycle of API-based topologies;
- Working knowledge of Extensible Markup Language (XML) and related scripting languages;
- Knowledge of data-related technologies such as Tableau, Microsoft BI, Cognos, Alteryx;
- Broad experience with cloud-based solution implementations using providers such as Azure and AWS;
- Experience with large-scale systems integration projects and supporting external providers such as in the FinTech and Identity Management space;
- Broad experience in multiple competency areas of data and analytics delivery such as data warehousing, business intelligence (BI), data governance, data architecture, data integration, data classification, data strategy, data quality management, data security and privacy, MDM and data standards;
- Ability to propose and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives;
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture;
- Ability to work with developers in an in-and-out outsourced environment;
- Expertise in developing APIs for end-point data consumption; and
- Excellent understanding of security models in different architectural layers.
- Communication (excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential in both official languages)
- Working with others (collaborating and relationship management)
- Initiative/Innovative thinking
- Planning and organizing
Conditions of Employment/Security Clearance
Level II, Secret
- One permanent position is currently available.
- Due to Canadian immigration regulations, we can only consider applications from Canadian citizens or other individuals legally entitled to work in Canada and obtain necessary security clearances. Please indicate in your cover letter the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
- CDIC is a federal agency (separate employer) and does not fall under the Public Service Employment Act.
- CDIC is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process please advise us. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team that contributes to the stability of Canada’s financial system and meet the required qualifications we invite you to forward your résumé and covering letter describing how you could contribute to our organization at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote competition #1253.
- We would like to thank all candidates who apply however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.