Senior Accountant and Financial Analyst (1-year term)
Competition #: 1250
Language Requirements: BBB
Closing date: November 29, 2019
We are seeking to fill the position of Senior Accountant and Financial Analyst reporting to the Manager, Finance. If you have 5 or more years of experience and knowledge in in the field, apply today to join the team!
The Sr. Accountant and Financial Analyst (SAFA) is accountable to the Manager, Finance for financial accounting activities; analysis of financial results; internal and external financial reporting including taxation; and maintaining and documenting processes and controls within the Finance Department.
- Responsible for the non-routine financial accounting entries for the Corporation, including, but not limited to consolidation, provision for insurance losses and current and deferred income taxes.
- Responsible for the quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting processes using BOARD. This involves coordinating with members of the Finance Department to enquire about variance analysis in the areas of professional costs, payroll and general expenses.
- Assist in the design, maintenance, testing and implementation of the systems in place to facilitate the disbursement and reconciliation of funds to depositors in the event of an intervention by CDIC.
- Prepare internal reports and financial analysis as required.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS.
- Prepare the corporation’s income tax return and other regulatory returns related to sales taxes.
- Review Accounts Payable batches to ensure accuracy of the expenses (coding, authorization, and completeness).
- Review and authorize treasury back office transactions via SWIFT and develop and maintain back office processes and procedures.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field, or relevant experience
- 5 or more years of experience in the field
- CPA accounting designation
- Financial acumen
- Strong understanding of IFRS
- Familiarity with Great Plains will be an asset
- Familiarity with BOARD will be an asset
- Ability to work in both official languages
- Superior communication skills to relay financial data to non-financial experts
- Working with others (team work and collaboration)
- Attention to details
- Initiative/ innovative thinking
- Expert analysis skills and ability to connect the dots to see trends
Conditions of Employment/Security Clearance
Level II, Secret
- One temporary position is currently available.
- Due to Canadian immigration regulations, we can only consider applications from Canadian citizens or other individuals legally entitled to work in Canada and obtain necessary security clearances. Please indicate in your cover letter the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
- CDIC is a federal agency (separate employer) and does not fall under the Public Service Employment Act.
- CDIC is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process, please advise us. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- CDIC offers a collegial work environment with highly skilled people, competitive compensation as well as interesting, innovative work. We invite you to forward your résumé and covering letter describing how you could contribute to our organization at email@example.com. Please quote competition #1250.
- We would like to thank all candidates who apply however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.