Competition #: 1259
Language requirements: BBB
Closing date: April 22, 2020
Our vision is to earn the trust of Canadians as a global leader in deposit insurance and resolution. At CDIC, we offer you the unique opportunity to provide financial peace of mind to Canadians in a stimulating, diverse and inclusive work environment. Let’s work together to build trusted relationships and to deliver quality service to all Canadians.
The Procurement Coordinator reports directly to the Manager of Procurement, who in turn reports to the CFO in the Corporate Governance and Stakeholder Affairs Group and is responsible for supporting CDIC’s procurement process.
- Administrative services related to the procurement lifecycle, including: creating and sending purchase orders and task authorizations, preparing agreements for low-risk goods and services, monitoring contract end and renewal dates, creating and reviewing financial reports, creating funding requests, processing invoices, etc.
- Interpreting and providing advice to business units regarding procurement policies and procedures
- Assisting in the preparation of contractual and procurement documents for tendering, evaluation and selection of suppliers
- Managing the approval and routing of Funding Requests within CDIC’s reporting system (BOARD)
- Assisting with revising existing Funding Requests, when required and helping answer questions from business units around Funding Requests and Contract limits.
- Providing input to the development of procurement training and potentially delivering procurement training within CDIC
- Assisting business units in managing contractor performance, when required
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- A post-secondary degree/diploma with a specialization in accounting, finance, procurement, business administration or commerce or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or work experience.
- Over three years’ recent experience working in a procurement or finance environment
- Experience using a financial system or procurement system
- Experience in resolving contracting and procurement issues
- Recent experience in federal government contracting and procurement activities would be an asset
- Ability to manage multiple projects / deadlines
- Strong team player and customer service skills
- Communication (excellent written and verbal communication skills)
Conditions of Employment/Security Clearance
Level I, Reliability
- One position is currently available.
- Due to Canadian immigration regulations, we can only consider applications from Canadian citizens or other individuals legally entitled to work in Canada and obtain necessary security clearances. Please indicate in your cover letter the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
- CDIC is a federal agency (separate employer) and does not fall under the Public Service Employment Act.
- CDIC is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process, please advise us. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team that contributes to the stability of Canada’s financial system and meet the required qualifications we invite you to forward your résumé and covering letter describing how you could contribute to our organization at email@example.com. Please quote competition #1259.
- We would like to thank all candidates who apply however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.