Infrastructure Operation and Support Specialist (24-month Term)
Competition #: 1283
Language Requirements: BBB
Closing date: June 9, 2020
Our vision is to earn the trust of Canadians as a global leader in deposit insurance and resolution. At CDIC, we offer you the unique opportunity to provide financial peace of mind to Canadians in a stimulating, diverse and inclusive work environment. Let’s work together to build trusted relationships and to deliver quality service to all Canadians.
The Infrastructure Operation and Support Specialist (IOSS) is responsible for providing technical support for on premises and Cloud (Azure and O365) technology infrastructure by overseeing operations of the physical and virtual infrastructure including performing administration and maintenance. Additionally, the IOSS is responsible for ongoing support operations for disaster recovery to ensure the effective backup and recovery of CDIC data. The IOSS is also responsible for performing complex Local Area Network (LAN) administration functions and provide second level support to the Service Desk as required.
- Provide complex Local Area Network (LAN) administration functions, including network operating system privileges, infrastructure configuration, network problem troubleshooting, security, performance monitoring, maintenance of physical data center hardware and computing appliances.
- Monitor network performance and system logs and adjust system resource allocation to ensure maximum performance
- Administer and maintain CDIC services within its Azure tenant and office 365, including but not limited to Azure Active Directory, Exchange, Skype for Business, Teams
- Administer and maintain the corporation’s virtual server environment, including the isolated, development and production environments and disaster recovery virtualized systems.
- Deploy, test, support and maintain corporate applications for deployment via various deployment techniques utilizing tools such as but not limited to; SCCM, Group Policy, scripts, PDQ, App-v
- Actively monitor and analyze user requests, evaluate and apply solutions as needed.
- Perform monthly patch installations, network start up and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records
- Provide technical expertise in the implementation, support and operation of CDIC’s disaster recovery plan, through the planning and design of the related infrastructure and the development of recovery and other procedures related to server operation and maintenance, to ensure the back-up and recoverability of corporate information
- Provide storage infrastructure expertise to the technical services department including network attached storage (NAS), storage area network (SAN) and direct attached storage (DAS) technologies
- Assist or lead with new IT projects by investigating options and making recommendations as to what systems, hardware and software changes are appropriate for CDIC.
- When required, provide support after regular business hours and be available to travel.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in networking, network connectivity, directory services, databases, operating systems, inter-process communications, Storage Area Networking, VMware virtualization software and disaster recovery planning, implementation and management
- Current VMware and Data Center Administration certifications considered an asset
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in providing 2nd/3rd level SME support to end users
- Extensive experience but not limited to, managing and optimizing Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019. Active Directory Domain Services, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft Exchange, VMware 6.5, Azure Cloud Services, Office 365, SQL
- Good knowledge of access control lists, advanced Group Policy Management, Windows Deployment Services and Windows Server Update Services management
- Extensive knowledge of storage and backup solutions, Veeam Backup and replication and NetApp. Azure Backup and Site Recovery is an asset
- Experience designing, deploying and/or maintaining production-grade scalable cloud-based solutions in virtualized environments
- Experience with some scripting languages for infrastructure automation
- Extensive experience with PowerShell – Exchange PowerShell – Azure PowerShell
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around ITSM change management, Problem management and Incident management
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English to be able to clarify end-user requirements, communicate complex technical terminology and provide explanations to non-technical users
- Ability to act independently and make decisions based on solid technical expertise and experience
- Conceptual thinking and well-developed problem-solving skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of virtualization, disaster recovery frameworks and practices and data storage modeling.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Positive attitude
- Ability to handle stress appropriately and interact well with others
Conditions of Employment/Security Clearance
Level II, Secret
- One term position is currently available.
- Due to Canadian immigration regulations, we can only consider applications from Canadian citizens or other individuals legally entitled to work in Canada and obtain necessary security clearances. Please indicate in your cover letter the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
- CDIC is a federal agency (separate employer) and does not fall under the Public Service Employment Act.
- CDIC is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process please advise us. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team that contributes to the stability of Canada’s financial system and meet the required qualifications we invite you to forward your résumé and covering letter describing how you could contribute to our organization at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote competition #1283.
- We would like to thank all candidates who apply. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.