Compliance Officer, Insurance
Competition #: 1254
Language requirements: Bilingual BBB
Closing date: February 14, 2020
Would you like to join a dynamic group of professionals that contributes to the stability of Canada’s financial system? If you’re a team player and an innovative thinker that is energized by solving problems with experience and knowledge in any of the following areas, apply today!
Under the direction of the Director, Insurance, the Compliance Officer, Insurance is accountable for the administration of CDIC’s nominee broker compliance framework, nominee broker administration, and for related analysis and reporting.
- Monitor member and nominee broker compliance with legislative requirements;
- Develop and maintain procedures to administer the nominee broker compliance framework;
- Analyze and review documentation submitted by members and nominee brokers in respect of the compliance framework and make recommendations to the Director on the appropriate course of action;
- Prepare regular reports for use by senior decision-makers on the effectiveness of the nominee broker compliance framework and related processes;
- Where needed assist in the maintenance of the nominee broker information system, and the review of data received;
- Communicate with senior officials of member institutions or nominee brokers with respect to matters of non-compliance;
- Assist member institutions and nominee brokers that seek clarification of requirements or compliance determinations;
- Prepare analysis and reports for the Director, and draft correspondence or reports in respect of the broker compliance framework administration for senior management or the Board; and
- Assist the Insurance team with CDIC member compliance and reporting matters, including respecting CDIC premium administration, as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree (baccalaureate or a higher-level degree) from a recognized university;
- 3-5 years practical related experience. Experience in the financial services sector, broker industry, and / or experience or training in validation or auditing is an asset;
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail;
- Experience in the use of automated databases;
- Ability to assess and synthesize complex information and connect seemingly unrelated facts;
- Critical thinking and assessment;
- Ability for effectively communicate complex information;
- Effective interpersonal skills to interact with member institutions, nominee brokers, self-regulatory organizations, the public, CDIC staff or staff of other agencies within the financial safety net; and
- Ability to work independently with a strong focus on getting results.
- Communication (excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential in both official languages)
- Working with others (collaborating and relationship management)
- Initiative/Innovative thinking
- Planning and organizing
Conditions of Employment/Security Clearance
Level II, Secret
- One permanent position is currently available.
- Due to Canadian immigration regulations, we can only consider applications from Canadian citizens or other individuals legally entitled to work in Canada and obtain necessary security clearances. Please indicate in your cover letter the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
- CDIC is a federal agency (separate employer) and does not fall under the Public Service Employment Act.
- CDIC is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process, please advise us. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team that contributes to the stability of Canada’s financial system and meet the required qualifications we invite you to forward your résumé and covering letter describing how you could contribute to our organization at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote competition #1254.
- We would like to thank all candidates who apply however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.