Advisor, People Services & Culture (18 months Term)
Competition #: 1256
Language Requirements: CBC
Closing date: February 14, 2020
Our vision is to earn the trust of Canadians as a global leader in deposit insurance and resolution. At CDIC, we offer you the unique opportunity to provide financial peace of mind to Canadians in a stimulating, diverse and inclusive work environment. Let’s work together to build trusted relationships and to deliver quality service to all Canadians.
Reporting to the Director, People Services & Culture, the Advisor is responsible and accountable for partnering with the Director to support day-to-day HR functions, recruitment, human resources information systems (HRIS) and employee counseling and assistance. The Advisor will be responsible for leading a project to design, develop, and implement a new HRIS to support the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation’s (CDIC) culture transformation. The incumbent will work with the Human Resource team and act as the subject matter expert and technical point of contact between Management, HR, Finance and IT.
- Partner with the Director to design, develop, implement and manage the new HRIS to support CDIC’s culture transformation, including researching new HRIS solutions and tools.
- Maintain the HRIS database, ensure accuracy and timeliness of data. Collect information, compile statistics, gather and compute various data for the development of reports.
- Assist in the day-to-day HR functions including recruitment, onboarding and offboarding, compensation and job evaluations and employee counseling and assistance.
- Responsible for the HR Information Management processes, including a transition to SharePoint Online and the management of the HR Portal.
- Identify HRIS system enhancements and opportunities to increase functionality.
- Provide advice on policies, programs and procedures regarding human resources services and programs.
- Provide guidance to management on the usage of the HRIS, compensation and benefit;
- Manage all HR contracts and budget and ensure the Director is fully aware of their status.
- Participate as a member to the workplace committee.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Successful completion of a college diploma/university degree in a related field;
- 5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources functions.
- Strong understanding of the integration required for HRIS systems across a highly integrated business environment.
- Knowledge of Compensation and Benefits/Employee Time & Leave management is essential.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including keen judgment and decision-making, with an eye towards process efficiency and simplification.
- High level of technical literacy and attention to detail.
- A CHRP/L accreditation or working towards a designation is considered an asset.
- Communication (excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential in both official languages)
- Working with others (collaborating and relationship management)
- Initiative/Innovative thinking
- Planning and organizing
Conditions of Employment/Security Clearance
Level II, Secret
- One 18 months term position is currently available.
- Due to Canadian immigration regulations, we can only consider applications from Canadian citizens or other individuals legally entitled to work in Canada and obtain necessary security clearances. Please indicate in your cover letter the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
- CDIC is a federal agency (separate employer) and does not fall under the Public Service Employment Act.
- CDIC is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process, please advise us. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team that contributes to the stability of Canada’s financial system and meet the required qualifications we invite you to forward your résumé and covering letter describing how you could contribute to our organization at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote competition #1256.
- We would like to thank all candidates who apply however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.