serving Canadians as one
Senior Financial Analyst (Permanent)
We are an organization driven by purpose. We are obsessed about serving Canadians and we are deeply committed and passionate about protecting their hard-earned money when it matters most. We live our promises and commitments every day by serving Canadians as one, and we have their best interest at heart. We strive to build an inclusive, accepting culture with commitment, determination and a bias for action.
The right challenge is waiting for you! Discover how valuable your experience can be and join our team.
About the role
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for analyzing financial information, developing the corporate budgets and forecasts, preparing reports for Senior Management and for the Board of Directors (Board) and its committees.
We trust you will be up to the challenge:
- Assists Groups in establishing their budgets, reviews the budget submissions, prepares expense analyses and prepares the Corporation’s consolidated budget.
- Conducts detailed analysis to identify risks and areas of concern regarding the Corporation’s budget and forecasts, and develops and presents recommendations on how to address the issues.
- Leads monthly budget / forecast reporting and analyses. Provides detailed reports and analyses to the Manager, Finance and CFO for review.
- Reviews information in BOARD (CDIC’s budget / forecast tool), prepares reports and updates information as required.
- Assists in the preparation of finance related sections of the Corporate Plan corresponding with the Corporate Strategy team.
- Performs other relevant duties as required.
You take pride in your work and are passionate about having an impact. You face challenges head-on, are an excellent communicator, collaborator and act with integrity.
We trust you will bring your expertise:
- A professional accounting designation is preferred and / or an appropriate level of education and work experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience in the field of accounting and/or financial analysis, specifically in budgeting, forecasting, and developing reports.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to partner with staff at various levels (including senior management).
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.