What others are saying
CDIC works with influencers to help Canadians understand who we are and how we protect deposits. In partnership with CDIC, these influencers provide easy-to-understand, relatable and relevant information about our coverage. If you’re wanting to know how we protect your hard-earned savings, these articles are a great place to start.
Interested in a topic not covered in the posts below? Send your suggestions for future articles to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you travelling soon? Barry Choi outlines 10 things to consider before you take off.
- Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation chats with Jessica Moorhouse about how Canadians are protected when they deposit their hard-earned money at the bank.
- Not sure what CDIC does? Questions about deposit protection? Jessica Moorhouse highlights 3 things you need to know about CDIC deposit insurance.
- Ready to do a full financial review? Check out this
Half Banked blog post for some thoughts on where to start and what to look for.
- Have you ever considered how your relationship with money can affect your health and wellness? DIY Passion – A Lifestyle Blog by Erin Trafford did! Read her story – maybe you can relate.
- Having kids can add to a parent’s financial worries, but when your child has special needs, these concerns can be even greater, from A Parent’s Perspective.
- Tales of a Ranting Ginger explains exactly what CDIC is, why it was created and how it works to help everyday Canadians and their families.
- Teaching kids about money can be tricky, but amotherworld has some great tips. Read how she explains CDIC deposit insurance to her kids.
- A Boy & His Mom talks about the added financial worries that stem from being a single-income family and how CDIC protection helps her understand the safety of her savings.
- Young & Thrifty explains what happens when a Canadian financial institution fails, and how CDIC has been protecting depositors since 1967.
- Jordann at My Alternate Life talks about how CDIC gives her the confidence to switch banks, and explains how to find out if your bank is a CDIC member.
- Emmett’s ABCs knows that a new baby is a good opportunity to look at your family finances and check your CDIC coverage.
- MontrealMom.com on 8 things to know about CDIC when you’re managing your family’s finances.
- Je Suis Une Maman talks about 5 facts you may not know about CDIC (article in French only).
- Money After Graduation’s Bridget Casey talks about setting up an RESP for her daughter and how CDIC protects her deposits.
- Money We Have lists 6 things Canadians should know about CDIC deposit insurance.
- Thrifty Mommas Tips outlines how Canadians can check if their RESPs are protected by CDIC deposit insurance.
- Mr. Canadian Budget Binder plans how to protect the money he has saved, and provides detailed information on how to keep your savings safe.
- Boomer to Boomer Online is a helpful resource for baby boomers. Here, information has been made available regarding how deposit insurance can factor into retirement planning. With a strong plan in place, retirees can feel secure that their savings at the bank are safe and protected.
Note: Some of the hyperlinks provided are to sites of organizations or other entities that are not subject to the Official Languages Act. The material found there is therefore in the language(s) used by the sites in question.