eligible deposits held in trust separately from other deposits held by the trustee or a beneficiary in their own name at the same
member institution, provided:
- there is valid trust (established with or without formal documentation) as determined under the laws of the province or territory in which the trust is established;
- the following information appears on the records of the
CDIC member institution prior to the failure:
- trustee names and addresses;
- the fact that the
eligible deposits are held by the depositor in trust for a beneficiary.
If there is more than one beneficiary, trustees are also to provide their
CDIC member institution with:
- the name and address of each beneficiary;
- the portion of the trust belonging to each beneficiary;
- any changes to the information as of April 30th in each year
These rules are set out in the Schedule to the
CDIC Act and the
CDIC Joint and Trust Account Disclosure Bylaw.