Competition #: 1157
Would you like to join a dynamic group of professionals that forms part of Canada’s financial safety net? If you‘re a creative, out-of-the-box thinker that is energized by solving problems with experience and knowledge in any of the following areas, apply today!
- Corporate Planning
- Reporting and Finance Support
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Business Continuity Management and Security
The Manager, Corporate Risk, Planning and Reporting (“the Manager”) works directly with the Director, Corporate Risk, Planning and Reporting (“the Director”).
During the evolution of the Corporate Risk, Planning and Reporting portfolio, the Manager will be required to maintain and enhance CDIC’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program to ensure that it is aligned with the Corporation's planning activities; oversee the Office Services function; maintain and enhance the corporation’s business continuity management frameworks and security programs; provide direction on the Corporate policy framework; support the finance department with various tasks; and continuously improve other on-going activities (such as the drafting, submission and publication of CDIC’s Corporate Plan, Summary of the Corporate Plan and Annual Report). The position will also function as a back-up to the Director, CRPR.
- Manages the corporate planning process, including the development and production of the Corporate Plan and the Summary of the Corporate Plan, up to and including tabling of the Summary in both houses of Parliament.
- Manages the development and preparation of the Annual Report, working with all areas of the Corporation, ensuring the organization meets its statutory and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Manages the Corporation’s ERM process and is responsible for updating the process ensuring that it is better integrated into corporate and business planning.
- Manages and improves the maintenance of CDIC’s Business Continuity Management and Security Programs, ensuring that services are continued in the event of a business interruption and supporting the Director in his / her role as DSO.
- Oversees the Office Services function which includes facilities management and various procurement services for the Corporation, ensuring that methods, practices and policies provide for the efficient and prudent use of resources.
- Provides support to the finance department, as needed.
- Acts as a back-up to the Director, CRPR.
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate will be bilingual with a professional accounting designation (e.g. CA, CMA, or CGA)
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Extensive experience in risk management and business processes
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills to lead and deliver expected results on cross-departmental initiatives/ projects;
- Strong people management, organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction in areas of responsibility;
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix management environment
- Communication (Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential)
- Working with Others (Collaborating and Relationship Management)
- Initiative/ Innovative Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
Conditions of Employment/Security Clearance: Level II, Secret
Language Requirements: Bilingual BBB
- One year term position is currently available, and a pool of pre-qualified candidates may be established to staff future similar positions within CDIC with various tenures, and bilingual linguistic profiles.
- Due to Canadian immigration regulations, we can only consider applications from Canadian citizens or other individuals legally entitled to work in Canada and obtain necessary security clearances. Please indicate in your cover letter the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
- CDIC is a federal agency (separate employer) and does not fall under the
Public Service Employment Act.
- CDIC is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process please advise us. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- CDIC offers a collegial work environment with highly skilled people, competitive compensation as well as interesting, innovative work. We invite you to forward your résumé and covering letter describing how you could contribute to our organization at
email@example.com. Please quote competition #1157.
- We would like to thank all candidates who apply however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.